Our “Most Wanted” list
As a new sanctuary there are lots of things we need to help with the day-to-day running of the sanctuary. If you, or your place of work, can contribute towards one or more of the following, we would love to hear from you! Contact us here.
- Trailer: R65,000 / $4,000 / £3,200 – Currently our most urgent major purchase. We want a trailer that can be used for collecting bales of hay and other supplies for the sanctuary but also for taking lions and tigers to the veterinary hospital, and for potential future rescues of animals like donkeys.
- Fire extinguishers for our buildings: R3,500 / $210 / £170 – Essential protection measures especially during wildfire season
- 376cc Quad bike for animal feeding and security patrols: R126,550 / $9,170 / £7,090
- Slasher/grass cutter (keeps the electric fences clear), Locust: R38,410 / $2,790 / £2,150
- Walk in freezer for providing additional food storage: R67,960 / $4,930 / £3,810
- Metal cutting machine, for fence repairs: R2,500 / $190 / £140
- Metal grinder: R1,000 / $75 / £60
- Tools: wrench set, screwdriver set, pliers, side cutters: R5,080 / $370 / £285
- Food preparation gear: scales, plastic containers, brooms, mops, buckets, aprons, etc: R10,000 / $725 / £560
- First Aid kits and equipment for workshops, food preparation area, volunteer accommodation, office: R2,700 / $200 / $150
- Chainsaw for maintenance: R7,000 / $500 / £400
- 6-step aluminium A frame ladder: R1,000 / $75 / £60