The ADI Wildlife Sanctuary exists because of the wonderful support of people like you, who make it possible for us to provide the ongoing care that our rescued animals need and save others who are in need of our urgent help.
Here are just the some ways you can get involved and support our life-saving work:
Yes, you can volunteer at the ADI Wildlife Sanctuary and help care for our rescued animals. Further information about this exciting opportunity will be posted soon – to register your interest, please contact us here.
Our “Most Wanted” list
As a new sanctuary there are lots of things we need to help with the day-to-day running of the sanctuary. If you, or your place of work, can contribute towards one or more of the following, we would love to hear from you! Contact us here.
- 4×4 vehicle for work around the sanctuary and collecting supplies/volunteers: R294,000 / $21,924 / £16,475 (this can be sponsored by manufacturers, we are happy to publicize sponsored vehicles)
- 376cc Quad bike for animal feeding and security patrols: R126,550 / $9,170 / £7,083
- Trailer – 1.5 ton: R28,400 / $2,058 / £1,589
- Slasher/grass cutter (keeps the electric fences clear), Locust: R38,410 / $2,782 / £2,148
- Mobile freezer for providing additional food storage: R67,960 / $4,923 / £3,809
- Portable Generator and Welding Kit, fence repairs: R10,000 /$726 / £560
- Metal cutting machine, for fence repairs: R2,500 / $182 / £140
- Metal grinder: R1,000 / $73 / £56
- Tools: spanner set, Bobbejaan spanners, screwdriver set, pliers, side cutters: R5,080 / $369 / £285
- Food preparation gear: scales, plastic containers, brooms, mops, buckets, aprons, etc: R10,000 / $724 / £560
- First Aid kits and equipment for workshops, food preparation area, volunteer accommodation, office: R2,700 / $200 / $150
- Fire extinguishers for 6 buildings: R500 / $37 / £28
- Chainsaw for maintenance: R7,000 / $500 / £400
- 6-step aluminium A frame ladder: R1,000 / $73 / £56
Adopt an animal
As an ADI adopter, you can help us provide the ongoing care our rescued animals need, and help others waiting to be saved – from just $8/£3 per month. Available to send as a gift, adopters receive an adoption certificate and photograph of their adopted animal suitable for framing as well as our ADI Rescuer newsletter, rescue updates and ADI publications. Silver adopters also receive our special ADI Rescuer tshirt and Gold adopters an ADI rescued animal canvas print AND Rescuer tshirt! Find out more here.
Our thanks to….
For supporting the ADI Wildlife Sanctuary and giving animals in need a better life.